Skip to main content

How to Set Up Google Blogger

 I should have signed up for Google Blogger, the blog publishing platform released by Google, in 2019, but I didn't use it in depth at the time, purely because I was curious to find out what it was and whether I could get some traffic from it and make money from the idea. At that time, I published a few test posts, and after understanding some basic settings and information on the use, I gave up and put it aside.

At the beginning of last year, I built the blog "Yvesyu Talk Website", because I want to record some experience in the process of making a website, and write some reviews of my work life by the way. Another important reason is to do some experiments on my blog, such as how to set up Google Analytics, Google Tag Management, etc. After all, it is not convenient to write content directly in the work environment. The middle is also intermittently updated, not a system, purely for self-indulgence.

Last month, I started to make intensive daily updates on my blog, mainly because I wanted to force myself to input more by forcing myself to output so that a mode of "input, digest, output" makes more sense to me. I've been updating it for almost a month now, and although some of the articles are written in a hurry, I'm really sticking to it.

Last night an idea came to me, why not write an English version of my own article? In this process, no utilitarian goals are set, just stick to one thing, keep doing this one thing, and don't think about other things in the early stage.

We said we would do it, so we started the technical selection in the morning.

I was going to subdivide a second-level domain from "yvesyu.com" to do my English blog site, but then I thought better of it. If the technology of Chinese and English sites is exactly the same, I won't learn much from the uploading and publishing process. So I simply restarted my Google Blogger account and picked up this blog that I registered a long time ago.

Why did you choose Google Blogger instead of any other platform? Mainly based on three considerations, one is Google Blogger is simple enough, whether it is template decoration or content publishing is extremely simple, in line with my "minimalist" point of view; two is I want to see the use of Google's own products, in terms of inclusion, the ranking situation will not have a little advantage; three is to do experiments to see the feasibility of this model if you can later be a large number of Build a site to do affiliate marketing related content.

The process of building and decorating was really easy, basically, it took an hour and a half to successfully launch my English blog site "YVES ECOMMERCE TALK".

YVES ECOMMERCE TALK
YVES ECOMMERCE TALK
The Google Blogger backend mainly consists of: Posts, Stats, Comments, Earnings, Pages, Layout, Theme, Settings. Google Blogger backend includes: Posts, Stats, Comments, Earnings, Pages, Layout, Theme, Settings.
Google Blogger Posts
Google Blogger Posts
First of all, Posts is the article publishing area, where you can see the articles you have already published, and you can also publish new articles. Unlike WordPress article posting to set Category, Google Blog has adopted a minimalist model, there is no such content at all, just go ahead and write the article. And article templates are fixed, there is no way to adjust, probably the purpose is to let us just focus on writing quality content with it.
Google Blogger Stats
Google Blogger Stats
The "Stats" area is mainly for statistics, but it simply counts "how many people saw your article today", "how many people saw your article yesterday", and "how many people saw your article this month", and lists the number of readers for each article separately, without the detailed data like Google Analytics. However, we can add Google Analytics measurement IDs in the "Settings" area to track users' behavior on the site and get more comprehensive data.
As for 『Comments』 is the interactive information between the user and the blog content, you can focus on seeing the visitor's message data. According to my experience, European and American visitors still prefer to leave feedback in the lower part of the blog content.
The "Earnings" area is the place to set up Google Adsense. Since they are Google's own products, the direct connection between the two systems is more smooth, and I will experience this content in depth later.
Google Blogger Layout
Google Blogger Layout
Google Blogger's templates are very simple, they are some very simple and basic templates, you can download and install them in the "Theme". But it doesn't support uploading third-party templates, and it doesn't seem to open the relevant permissions, which is why I gave up Google Blogger, because it's really too ugly.
After installing the template, you can create some new pages in "Pages", such as "About Me", "Contact Me", etc. It's very simple, just a few mouse clicks. If you want to adjust the layout of the blog, you need to set it in "Layout".
From the screenshot above, you can see that the page layout is split into a fixed style by Google and can only be adjusted within that style. Or rather, just choose whether this section should be displayed or not. Compared to heavy page editing software like Elementor, Google Blogger page layout is really simple.
Google Blogger Settings
Google Blogger Settings
As for the last part, "Settings" is the global settings for the blog site, there is not much we need to change. You can also add Google Analytics measurement IDs, upload ICON icons, bind custom domains, and so on.
The operation is all very simple, so I won't go over it. What I understand it means is that Google wants us to focus mainly on producing quality content without paying too much attention to the style of the site. Let's see if there will be some tilt in the back on the corresponding SEO traffic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Copywriting Method

 For a Non-Native Speaker, which part is the hardest part of doing Google White Hat SEO? In my opinion, it's probably copywriting. It's not that it's hard to write that kind of text, but if you don't have a foreigner's way of thinking, what you write won't resonate with foreigners at all. Before this year, the vast majority of my articles are paid to find foreign writers to create, the average cost is not low. But since November last year, the emergence of various AI writing tools, led by ChatGPT, has helped me save a lot of money, and I've recently started working on a SOP for using ChatGPT for copywriting output. Copywriting SOP Some may wonder if Google will punish such sites that use AI to generate content. Google has already made its position clear some time ago, as long as the use of AI to create content beneficial to users, the search engine will not interfere. So what I do now is to generate topics based on keywords and use ChatGPT to create relevant

Earn a Penny First

 Yesterday, when I was renovating my English blog, I applied for Google Adsense, which is the traffic master status of Google Adsense. The application process is not difficult, just follow the steps on the Google Adsense official website and submit the information, and now I am waiting for the Google review team to review the content of my blog site, so I should be able to pass. Google Adsense In fact, I applied for Google Adsense when I wrote a technical blog 4 years ago, but I didn't stick to it at that time, and shut down the site after writing for a while. Because at that time is still very naive, can not see that a few dollars of advertising fees, think I write technology blog is completely for the sentiment ah. And at that time, young and vigorous, no patience, do not know how to persist, is completely with three days to fish two days to try the mentality of the net, the novelty of the natural after no follow-up progress. Imagine if you insist on writing a technical blog, the

WooCommerce Integration with MaxMind

 On the WooCommerce website, WooCommerce does not provide automatic location when a user fills in the checkout information on the checkout page. However, it is possible to use a third-party MaxMind service to integrate with WooCommerce to automatically locate users and generate their addresses, provided that you upgrade to 3.9+. WooCommerce Settings Then, go to MaxMind and apply for a secret key. This is a simple step, just follow the website prompts and fill in the information step by step. Once you've applied for the key, paste it under WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > MaxMind Geolocation. Integration Just save the relevant settings and clear the site cache.