Skip to main content

Earn a Penny First

 Yesterday, when I was renovating my English blog, I applied for Google Adsense, which is the traffic master status of Google Adsense. The application process is not difficult, just follow the steps on the Google Adsense official website and submit the information, and now I am waiting for the Google review team to review the content of my blog site, so I should be able to pass.

Google Adsense
Google Adsense

In fact, I applied for Google Adsense when I wrote a technical blog 4 years ago, but I didn't stick to it at that time, and shut down the site after writing for a while. Because at that time is still very naive, can not see that a few dollars of advertising fees, think I write technology blog is completely for the sentiment ah.

And at that time, young and vigorous, no patience, do not know how to persist, is completely with three days to fish two days to try the mentality of the net, the novelty of the natural after no follow-up progress. Imagine if you insist on writing a technical blog, the post is estimated to have more than 2000 pieces.

I've experienced a lot of things in the past few years, and I've grown up a lot, at least in terms of the mentality of doing projects without the quick success of the previous years. And since last month, I started to write daily, and today it's almost 40 days, I'm completely used to the rhythm of writing a daily review, and I've fully accepted it in terms of mentality and skills, so I'll keep on writing without any big surprises.

Some people may be curious, writing a blog and can not make money, but also a waste of half an hour a day, and your blog does not do any promotion, so what is the point of doing so? In fact, on this point, I have considered before, but did not think about it, perhaps in my limited perception, to do may be all the meaning, if you can insist on going on, there is a little bit of the beauty of the dragon's eye.

So why do you want to apply for Google Adsense now? The main reason is based on two points of consideration.

One is to make some money, I now have 4 websites and a YouTube channel, in addition to the blog site you can see, there are 3 other big B inquiry sites, and the current traffic is not bad. The blog site gets about 100 unique IPs per day, without any promotion, and I still recognize this figure.

And the YouTube channel has gained more than 100 followers this week, and already has a volume of 600 followers, mainly because last week I decided to learn video marketing, so this week I have put in the effort accordingly. If I meet the conditions to benefit from it, I will connect that channel to Google Adsense as well.

As for the other 3 big B sites, let them quietly wait to get inquiries, after all, as long as you keep updated, do a good job of promoting the rhythm, and do not need to pay a lot of energy.

Secondly, my logic has changed, I no longer do projects for fun. On the contrary, after starting a project for a while, I expect to produce something substantial to boost confidence. Take this small fishery chat independent site this blog, and the daily writing both in the mentality and the pace of things, let me benefit a lot. But if the process can earn a little money, is not the icing on the cake?

The same reason, in other projects based on the logic of traffic and product logic is clear, first design a shortest path to cash, first earn a cent. When this one cent is earned, there are still plenty of opportunities to actually more advanced realization path. I think this is more pragmatic than "just care about emotion without asking the real estate".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Copywriting Method

 For a Non-Native Speaker, which part is the hardest part of doing Google White Hat SEO? In my opinion, it's probably copywriting. It's not that it's hard to write that kind of text, but if you don't have a foreigner's way of thinking, what you write won't resonate with foreigners at all. Before this year, the vast majority of my articles are paid to find foreign writers to create, the average cost is not low. But since November last year, the emergence of various AI writing tools, led by ChatGPT, has helped me save a lot of money, and I've recently started working on a SOP for using ChatGPT for copywriting output. Copywriting SOP Some may wonder if Google will punish such sites that use AI to generate content. Google has already made its position clear some time ago, as long as the use of AI to create content beneficial to users, the search engine will not interfere. So what I do now is to generate topics based on keywords and use ChatGPT to create relevant

WooCommerce Integration with MaxMind

 On the WooCommerce website, WooCommerce does not provide automatic location when a user fills in the checkout information on the checkout page. However, it is possible to use a third-party MaxMind service to integrate with WooCommerce to automatically locate users and generate their addresses, provided that you upgrade to 3.9+. WooCommerce Settings Then, go to MaxMind and apply for a secret key. This is a simple step, just follow the website prompts and fill in the information step by step. Once you've applied for the key, paste it under WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > MaxMind Geolocation. Integration Just save the relevant settings and clear the site cache.